CAVALIERS YOUTH FOUNDATION 50/50 RAFFLE
OFFICIAL RAFFLE RULES – CLEVELAND CAVALIERS GAMES
1. Description: The Cavaliers Youth Foundation 50/50 Raffle (the “Raffle”) is the fundraiser conducted at select (as determined by CYF (as defined below) in its sole discretion) Cleveland Cavaliers home games (each, a “Game” and collectively, “Games”) played at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland, Ohio (the “Venue”). By purchasing a ticket for the Raffle (“Raffle Ticket”), each eligible entrant (each, an “Entrant”) represents that they meet all of the below-stated eligibility requirements and agrees to be bound by these Official Raffle Rules, by all applicable laws, ordinances, and regulations, and by the decisions of the Cavaliers Youth Foundation (“CYF”), an Ohio non-profit organization, or its authorized representative.
2. Raffle Period: Raffle Tickets are sold during the period commencing before the beginning of each Game at such time that is communicated by CYF through the end of halftime of the Game (each, a “Raffle Period”).
3. To Enter: Entrants may enter the Raffle by purchasing Raffle Tickets (a) from any Raffle purchase kiosk within the Venue, (b) from uniformed Raffle Ticket sales representatives roaming in and around the Venue, (c) within the Territory (as defined below) via the Cleveland Cavaliers mobile application (the “Cavs Mobile App”), and (d) within the Territory online at www.cavs.com/community/raffle, in one of the following amounts (amounts are subject to change prior to any Game in CYF’s sole discretion):
• Three (3) Raffle Ticket for $5;
• Ten (10) Raffle Tickets for $10;
• Fifty (50) Raffle Tickets for $20; and
• One Hundred and Twenty (120) Raffle Tickets for $40.
“Territory” means the State of Ohio, excluding the Excluded Territories (as defined in Section 17 below).
All Raffle Ticket purchases must be made during the applicable Raffle Period. Raffle Tickets are not eligible to be entered into any past or future Raffle drawing. CYF, its representative(s) and/or any related entities are not liable for any lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undelivered, or destroyed Raffle Tickets regardless of cause or the person responsible, including, but not limited to, any problem or technical malfunction of any computer, online system, or server or technical problem. No refunds are made, except as otherwise determined by CYF in its sole discretion.
4. Eligibility: The Raffle is open to all ticket holders who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of Raffle Ticket purchase and (a) present for the applicable Game, or (b) who are within the Territory and enter via the Cavs Mobile App or online at www.cavs.com/community/raffle. Owners, directors, officers, and employees (and their parents, siblings, spouses, and children) of CYF, its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, its advertising and promotional agencies, any participating charitable organization for a particular Game (each, a “Participating Charitable Organization”), are not eligible to enter the Raffle.
5. Random Drawing: Every transaction is electronically tallied. The running total from Raffle Ticket sales are periodically displayed and updated on the “Humongotron” in the Venue and other select (as determined by CYF in its sole discretion) locations. All qualifying (i.e., in accordance with Section 4 above) Raffle Ticket purchases made within the applicable Raffle Period are printed out and placed into a drum. The winning Raffle Ticket is manually drawn from the drum at random from among all such qualifying Raffle Tickets. The drawing is conducted on or about the third (3rd) quarter of Games. All drawings are conducted by CYF whose decision is final and binding.
6. Prize: Prior to the conclusion of each Game (on or about the beginning of the fourth (4th) quarter), the selected Raffle Ticket number is announced on the “Humongotron” at the Venue. The selected Raffle Ticket number is also posted on the Raffle Web site located at www.cavs.com/community/raffle. In the event the “Humongotron” and/or Web site is inoperable, the selected Raffle Ticket number can be found at the Guest Services area of the Venue. The Entrant that purchased the Raffle Ticket with the corresponding winning Raffle Ticket number (the “Winner”) receives Fifty Percent (50%) of the net proceeds (total collected by CYF minus any related expenses from the Raffle Ticket sales) for the applicable Raffle Period (the “Prize”). All remaining proceeds from the Raffle are retained by CYF and/or participating charitable organization for the applicable Game.
7. Claiming the Prize: To claim the Prize, the Winner must contact CYF and present the winning Raffle ticket in-person at the Venue within thirty (30) days from the conclusion of the applicable Raffle Period. The winning Raffle Ticket is the only valid receipt for claiming the Prize. Each Winner must provide CYF with all information required to claim the Prize (including tax identification information). Upon the request of CYF, the Winner must sign and return to CYF a liability/publicity release and/or affidavit of eligibility (the “Required Documentation”) by a date determined by CYF in in form and substance satisfactory to CYF in order to be eligible to receive the Prize. If (a) any of the Required Documentation is not completed, signed, and/or returned within the stated time, (b) the Winner is deemed by CYF to be ineligible or not to have complied with these Official Raffle Rules, or (c) the Winner refuses to accept or fails to claim the Prize, then the Prize will be forfeited by the Winner and retained by CYF. The Prize will be delivered via check within thirty (30) days of the Winner delivering the winning Raffle Ticket and executed Required Documentation to CYF. For security and safety reasons, no cash payments will be made to the Winner.
8. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning are based on the total number of qualifying Raffle Tickets purchased in each Raffle Period.
9. Taxes: Each Entrant acknowledges that they have been informed that the IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries, or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of a Raffle Ticket does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution. The Winner is responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes, fees and other government assessments on the awarded Prize. Furthermore, the Winner acknowledges that federal law requires that a tax withholding on certain prize values must be collected from them upon award or distribution. Federal and state withholding laws are subject to change without notice. The withholding laws in effect at the time the Prize is claimed will be followed. Winners of prizes over Six Hundred Dollars ($600) will receive a W-2G form from CYF. Taxes will be withheld in accordance with IRS and State of Ohio guidelines.
10. Transfer of Raffle Ticket: Raffle Tickets may not be resold to any other party. Any Raffle Ticket which has been resold is void. All individuals who re-sell, purchase, or receive a Raffle Ticket in violation of these Official Raffle Rules are ineligible to enter the Raffle or to win the Prize.
11. Entrant Grant of Rights: Raffle entrance and/or Prize acceptance constitutes a release granting CYF the right to use each Entrant’s name, likeness, statements (if true), biographical information, voice, and cities and states of residence for advertising, marketing, and publicity purposes on a worldwide basis (without review by the applicable Entrant) and in all forms of media, without compensation, remuneration, or other authorization. CYF expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability in connection with injury or loss to any person or property relating to redemption of the Prize. CYF makes no representations or warranties in connection with the Prize. Restrictions, conditions and limitations apply. Each Entrant hereby releases and waives any claims (actual or alleged), demands, damages, losses, liabilities and causes of action arising from (in whole or in part) or in connection with CYF’s use (or its designee’s use) of such Entrant’s name, likeness, statements (if true), biographical information, voice, and cities and states of residence, including, without limitation, any claims for defamation, libel, invasion of privacy, publicity, personality, or exploitation of such Entrant’s name or likeness.
12. Raffle Conditions: The Raffle is governed by and subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By entering the Raffle, Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Raffle or in these Official Raffle Rules. Any violation of these Official Raffle Rules may result in disqualification and any violation of these Official Raffle Rules by the Winner shall disqualify the Winner from the Raffle and all privileges as the Winner of the Raffle shall be immediately terminated. ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS CAVALIERS YOUTH FOUNDATION, CAVALIERS HOLDINGS, LLC, CAVALIERS OPERATING COMPANY, LLC, THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION AND ITS MEMBER TEAMS, NBA PROPERTIES, INC., EACH PARTICIPATING CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY, OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY RAFFLE-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THE RAFFLE.
13. Disqualification; Changes: CYF may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the operation of the Raffle, re-sells a Raffle Ticket, violates these Official Raffle Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. CYF may, in its sole discretion, cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Raffle or these Official Raffle Rules, or disqualify any individual or Raffle Ticket for purposes of protecting the integrity of the Raffle or addressing changes in business operations or other circumstances, to the extent allowed under applicable law. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE IS A VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RAFFLE RULES AND OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CYF MAY SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14. Governing Law; Disputes: The Raffle is governed by the laws of the State of Ohio without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rule of any jurisdiction. Any claims regarding the Raffle that are not released, must be brought in the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio or the Court of Common Pleas, General Division, for the State of Ohio, Cuyahoga County, and each Entrant hereby consents to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for purposes of any such action. The Raffle is void outside the United States and where prohibited by law. Each Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action not waived arising out of or in connection with the Raffle or the Prize shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Raffle, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances may Entrant obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. IN NO EVENT SHALL CYF OR ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THE RAFFLE.
16. Sponsor; Winning Numbers List: To obtain a list of the winning Raffle Ticket numbers, please send a request to: Cavaliers Youth Foundation 50/50 Raffle, 1 Center Court, Cleveland, Ohio 44115, together with a stamped, self-addressed envelope. The winning raffle ticket numbers also will be posted at https://cavs5050.com/winners.
17. Excluded Territories: “Excluded Territories” means those areas listed at https://www.nba.com/cavaliers/contests/excluded-territories.